I can't believe it's come and gone already! After a whole year of looking forward to the ceremony.
The day was so fun. I got to campus nice and early and hung out with some friends in the events center with all the other grads waiting to line up and walk to the commencement site. Inside they had tons of loud dance music going to get us pumped and it actually totally worked! haha I was like bouncing up and down and so excited! Even the ceremony itself was fun. I thought it was going to be super long and boring, but they kept it short - they only presented 3 or 4 awards and had 2 main speakers, so it was about an hour of talking and an hour of reading names. I really liked both speakers and thought their comments were interesting and just long enough. The only awkward thing was when the professor who was introducing the speakers got off on a tangent about global warming being absolute scientific fact that everyone MUST heed... and some other things about the magnificent Al Gore and our new black president... not really the appropriate time and place but oh well! I wonder if he got approval for that speech ahead of time or just snuck it in...
Anyway, after the ceremony we took pictures with the Browns (who had kindly also driven to SB to watch me) and headed to El Torito for lunch. When we got to lunch around 12:40, we were told on Sundays its buffet only until 1:00, but when I looked around at the pitiful buffet tables, I had a fit. Normally I would probably have suffered in silence, but it was my day! So I asked if we could just have chips, salsa, and drinks for 15ish minutes until the kitchen opened and my group willingly agreed. In the end everyone was happy we did that, because that way we got hot food made to order instead of old tacos and waffles (random?) at the buffet. I'm not high maintenance... I just want what I want when I want it!
No comments:
Post a Comment