Saturday, October 3, 2009

New Job!

So since I graduated, my parents and I decided it would probably be a good idea for me to have some money saved (since I had none as of graduation) before I move out on my own. So for the time being, I'm working Mon-Fri 10:00-4:00 at a nice restaurant in downtown LG called Steamers as a hostess to save up money. Here's a picture I stole from their website (and no- I'm not trying to confess anything with the ad on the right).



Everyone is super nice - the only people who are a little scary sometimes are the owners, Paul and Mark, because they're kinda bipolar. They'll come in in the mornings singing, and it only takes a tiny stress/problem/inconvenience to get them in yelling mode, but then 15 minutes later they're back chatting away happily with customers. Overall though, I like them both and it's been a fun place to work. I've been there about 6 weeks now and yesterday one of the managers told me I'm a better hostess than 90% of the others so that was a really nice confidence booster - especially since this is my first attempt at a restaurant job. Plus I get to dress up every day because the hostesses don't have uniforms.... Just one more excuse to go shopping!

2 comments:

kendall said...

LOOKS LIKE A NICE PLACE.. I FINALLY FOUND YOUR BLOG ADDRESS. HAS YOUR MOTHER SEEN THE VIDEO YOU HAVE POSTED OF US??? I BET NOT OR IT WOULDNT' BE ON THERE!

kendall said...

Loved eating there and seeing you in action... just watched the MJ video again... i think i've gotten better.. i have been memorizing the lines.. So fun to be in your home.. glad you got the video of mike sneaking past your dad..now i now how to handle him next trip! see you soon, love kendall