Wednesday, October 8, 2008

An update on the new school year...

Things are so busy! I just started my fall quarter, and am still working at the UCSB bookstore in the Gifts department. Our bookstore is pretty big - almost comparable to the BYU bookstore - and I work in the section that has toys, frames, makeup, cards, and pretty much anything else that you don't really need but like to have. Part of my job is making big displays of new products and that's super fun for me. For the displays I work with a guy who plans weddings and designs decorations and place settings so he is an amazing mentor for that kind of thing.

Here's an example of a display I did that took me about an hour and a half. It's not one of my favorites, because it's mostly the same product (Tea cups and tea cans) over and over again. I'll have to upload another picture next time I do a really cool one...


My biggest news lately though is that I just got an internship with the Santa Barbara International Film Festival! I start working for them now about 10 hours a week, and then after the new year that will kick into super busy mode because the 10 day festival starts Jan 22. This friday is my first day, so I have yet to find out exactly what I'll be doing, but I'll be sure to write about it once I do. All I know is I'll probably be best friends with Brad, Angelina, and many other celebrities by the end of the festival! Ha ha.

No comments: